Saturday, February 23, 2008

Forecast: 82% Chance of Raining Frogs

So Wednesday brought us the biggest -- and so far the most entertaining -- game of the year, and we don't post about it? What is that, Jimmy? What is that? I'm asking you that.

It was in every way a Big Win: clinched the season series 3-1, tied for first in the Pacific, ruined Shaq's debut. We also got Kobe torching all-NBA-defense prodigy Raja Bell (who was also rung up by a vicious Shaq elbow... have you ever been struck by lightning? It hurts), plus Pau facing up Shaq on the high post and calmly shooting jumpers over him. Oh yeah, and involve Shaq in high pick-and-rolls: where have we heard that before?

Also Lamar in a very comfortable rhythm, Sasha starting to get his game mojo working, VladRad playing with smarts(!), Bynum starting some light running... I have so much love to give, I just don't know where to put it.

So, "at" Clippers tonight, in an odd scheduling quirk that I'm not sure I've ever seen before: back-to-back home games for the Clippers. I thought that was never done? I guess, this is something that happens. Here's hoping they are fat and happy after beating the Jazz soundly last night. Then again as Samuel noted, the Lakes are getting to that level where it's all about them -- doesn't matter who the opponent is or what their game plan might be, oh you're gonna give me that cherry pie sweet mama baby.

2 comments:

samuellemons said...

we talked after that suns game...I'm trying my best not to gloat too early. Our toughest opponent is health. I heard Vlad went down with a strain again too which adds to our wounded roster. If we get even near healthy we can make a legit run.

One thing: Lamar Odom is having a feast playing #3 to KB/PG. I hope he stays hungry when Bynum comes back.

flyE said...

My apologies for peppering that post with quotes from Magnolia, and thus confusing you who haven't seen it. On the other hand, I didn't get to use a good quote from John C. Reilly's cop character: "Sometimes people need a little help. Sometimes people need to be forgiven. And sometimes they need to go to jail."